Falando sobre o blog

Minha foto
Oulu, Finland
Olá. Meu nome é Eliel Vargas. Pastor. Casado, pai de uma linda filha. Gaúcho de nascimento e cidadão do mundo por chamado e escolha. Atualmente moro na Finlândia, onde pode ser a "Terra do fim" ou a "Terra do começo".

26.3.13

He could have said but didn't.



This is unfair! This world is unfair!
There is a claim for justice that grows day by day in the heart of people!
We can see protesting posts on Facebook, in magazines, newspaper, posters and media in general. This is a kind of yeast and when it touches an unsatisfied heart it grows to great proportion and creates a domino effect in people’s souls.

I do not want to discuss the validity of the protests because most of them have reasons for being. But on this Easter week one sentence comes to my mind, “the Just paying for the unjusts”.
Isn’t it what a worker feels when the tax is taken from his salary? and right after he sees in the news that polititians are misusing the resources and there are not basic needs supplied for the population. Or when he pays taxes while others live on them? Isn’t it just like it that an honest taxpayer feels when realizes that so many wrong things are being done?

More than a sentence, a scenario comes to my mind. He, the Just is on the cross “the Just paying for the unjusts”. In this scene He could have shouted “This is unfair! I am paying for something I did not do. I am being punished for being good. I am here because even being God, I was more a human being than anyone will ever be! I am being humiliated for loving. They desire my death because they envy me. Because they cannot stand seing someone doing things aside from the patterns of religion and of the politically correct. Yes, this is unfair! It is unfair that I am between two criminals when I have just done good. It is unfair that they chose to release a famous thief when they could have given me a chance of escaping of an undeserved punishment.It is unfair to see several people that would flatter me days before and now these same ones call me bad names with anger because of those who now how to manipulate the masses. It was just a week ago when they received me into Jerusalem with palms, nice words and songs and now they hate me and put me to die outside town. It is unfair to feel abandoned by friends that had been with me for several years and now, in my most difficult time, almost all of them are silent and distant from me. From them I just get the silence. It is unfair to hear somene saying enphatically that he will not let anything bad happed to you and, in the first opportunity, he denies his own words and even knowing of my existance. Yes, this is all unfair! And for being unfair you deserve God to eternaly protest against you. Yes, all of you! You are the criminals. You are all criminals because you are quiet while injustice is being commited! You, in silence and ommision, are as guilty as the ones commiting the injustice.That is so unfair!
It did not happen just that day. It has always been this way. He could have shouted all those words from the cross, while he would still have strength to pronunce them. He could have agitated the hearts even more. He could have opted for adding this yeast of insatisfaction. But he did not do it! He did not do it because he did not want to. Because his eyes were above all those circumstances. What fed him was more powerful than hate or even what we call justice. Even being humiliated, wronged, abandoned, he looked to his Father, he looked to himself. He looked to all around him with compassionate eyes, with humanity, the humanity of the God-man and the man-God. Humans around looked at him like animals, like vampires whishing blood. He looked back in a different way.

He found time to see one of the criminals regret his doings. He found time to say words of consolation and hope, “today you will begin a better life”. He looked at the crowd and prayed, “Forgive them, they do not have idea of what they are really doing”. Yes, the Just did not shout for justice. He, the word in flesh, justified all of us, he said, “It is done. It is finished!” He broke the chain of justicism assuming to himself the blame, our blame, the blame of all men. He came. It is finished. The way is ready! Aamen. 



My wish is that in this Easter week our feelings can be the same as Jesus’ when he said to the Father, “In your hands I put my life. To you I give my spirit.” eiv - 26.3.2013


 “ For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.”

 1.Peter  3:18a NVI



“For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law…” Matthew 5:20

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário